Wednesday 25 November 2015

Dear Diary:

Tuesday Nov. 24

It was another snowy day today.

But that didn't stop me!

I put on some big mittens, and big boots, and drove through the 10'' of snow! Just kidding it was like 1 cm...

I was late this morning, which just made my workout need to be a bit quicker, I just warmed up 5 mins, and did the leg machines. 30 reps each machine though! that's 10 more than I have been doing!

Improvement!

I used my cool down time to do some squats, because today was leg day, and I really want to tone all I can, and didn't want to miss out on squats because I spent extra time on machines!

I try not to be vein whilst working out, but I do enjoy cute workout clothes. and I judge those who wear ugly clothes, or the same thing every time. You know who you are. Why do they have to be so expensive? and why are they everywhere?
I have come to realize that the cuteness of your outfit does not a better athlete make.
But I wish it did. I wish you could accumulate cuteness points and exchange them for a calorie free danish, or an extra hour sleep.
THAT would motivate me to but those outfits that clog my inbox/news feed/ all ads ever...

I am tired again this afternoon. I need to figure that part out and change up. I don't like the 3 PM exhaustion... I want to make improvements and I feel I am struggling with this one.

That is/was all for Tuesday, so I stopped there and didn't post. I continue here...

Wednesday Nov. 25

Here we are once again.

Apparently sleeping in is the new "in" thing. Cuz I did it again today.
I even debated staying in bed. But once I convinced myself the extra 45 mins of sleep really wasn't worth it, I headed to the gym ("guy-m").
I ran for a little bit-le, then stretched, then biked all the way to China! Or so it felt like... the machine said I burned 40 calories, and that was enough for absolutely nothing at Tim's but I quit anyway.
I went a rowed. I rowed all the way to China! at least that one is even plausable... where you can't really bike to China... at least not from Canada... I mean, you can bike to China from like Nepal or Mongolia... provided you had the proper documentation... ANYWAY
I rowed my fake boat all the way to China to find ya. But you said you had to get your laundry clean!

I am getting off topic again.
Rowing over. back on the runner. Ran for another 5, and stretched it all out!

Nothing overly exciting seems to happen down in the WOR (Women's Only Room) but there were a few more people than usual coming down when I was leaving! That is a good sign - staying/getting / trying to be healthy is always a good thing. And I always support trying. Even if it means having to get off my couch (sad face)

HOWEVER - these two older ladies, like in their 50s? late 50s? 60s? I didn't ask. Anyway, two of them came in together, and I don't think anyone at the club gave them a tour before hand! they came in to the WOR with their jackets and bags and didn't seem to have any idea where to put them or where to change! That was entertaining. 
Yes I did consider saying something. But I couldn't figure out how to word it without coming across as totally snooty! 
I didn't want to discourage these ladies! So I didn't say anything, but I do hope they ask a worker (like someone who works at GoodLife, not just some random person employed in the workforce... although I bet if they did just ask anyone, they could probably assume there is a change room, and tell these ladies to look for a change room....... or ask a worker where the change room is....) my other thought is maybe they just don't have a lock? I should consider all possibilities before just judging... but I won't. I am just going to say I giggled a little. 
Looking back I should have said something.
But how? That will haunt me for at least another 2 minutes.
Maybe they will be back tomorrow!? and I can offer advice and guidance. After all I am a seasoned athlete down here in the WOR. I will tell them to avoid those $ store lock and key locks though, not to worry.

Okay well this brings us to 4 PM now, and I was feeling the 3 PM tireds, so I made a coffee, and yes I do feel much more alert. Would a tea have done the same? Probably, I just chose coffee. Not because I need it, because I love it. (It loves me too don't worry)

This is me, signing off. I will strive to hit the gym (guy-m) again tomorrow, and I will strive to tell you about it once again.
And I will strive to not be late. I will strive to take more stairs (today 2 flights with my bag winded me, and my shoulder was killing me - still zero progress on the stairs! Insert another sad face here)

Adios mis amigos.

tu amiga, Naomia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment