Thursday 26 November 2015

4 and oh

Record for this week is looking promising...!! So far I am 4 and 0. One more day and this will be my first full week of gym attendance since I started gyming! I think that's a pretty good achievement.

Today was another typical day, warm up on the treader. 7 minutes of full running though! That is an improvement over the 5 minutes with some walking thrown in!
Today was an ab-aber day! I sat up and laid back down so many times. My favorite part was the laying down. My least favorite was when I made myself do scissor-y things.... If you don't know what that is:
You lay on your back (yay!!) and you put your legs out in front of you (where else would they go? folded under you like a pretzel?? No.) and you lift your legs off the ground just as much as you have to, like the closer to the ground your legs can be the hotter you are going to get! I lift my legs fairly high usually, today I was able to hold them a bit lower! Yay, personal improvement #2!
Anyway, once your legs are off the ground, you cross them back and forth, right over left, left over right, looking like scissors. They suck.
And I suck for making myself do them :( Twice!!!

I don't hate ALL ab exercises, I just hate how they hurt...
I did bicycles, and heel touches, and planks of all kinds.

For abs, the half hour almost isn't enough, I will need to give myself more time next time. But that sounds less fun, and more hurty... so maybe I will just add a quick 5 minute ab sess. onto my daily workout? I don't know, I will think about it, and don't you worry! I will for sure let you know what I decide to do.

Zumba!
I miss zumba class... whenst in zumba, I can cardio for the full hour (interval style) when I am cardio-ing by myself, I can barely get through 15 minutes.. I like the class atmosphere, I like the loud music, I like the dancing part! (When I dance in the gym people ask me to leave)
I am not super crazy over the Latin side, it's not my favorite genre, and my knees really don't like that dancing style. So why zumba? Well until someone else comes up with a huge dancing-cardio craze involving hip-hop, techno, and punk rock, I will have to stick with Zumba.
I have heard many many people talk about how they cannot dance.
I cannot dance.
I have zero rhythm. I do not understand flow. Or movement.
I do love zumba.
Just go do it. Just try it! Twice. Try it twice. It took me 2 times to really like it.
I will try harder to get out to a zumba class at the gym, and I will let you know how much I loved it. (or how much the instructor sucks...)

If not zumba, try Yoga. Try Aqua Size. Try Fuse-ball! Just try something! 

Let's Don Johnson and Joanne McLeod this thing! 
Get out there and get moving!

Okay I know I said I'd talk about body image again, and haven't, but I will soon. I promise. It's important. and it angers me.

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment