Monday 9 November 2015

Day... Whatever it's Monday

Today is Monday, and I am sleepy.

Saturday I debated checking out the Zumba class my gym offers - but no.

I decided to do the "10 Minutes for Abs" workout on my DVD. Simply because it is 10 minutes.

It was a hard 10 minutes! She did not break once during that 10 minutes!!! I mean, she did. She got up and walked around and pointed out to me how perfect all of her little athletes are. But I had to stay down and do various crunch types for 10 full minutes! 

Have you done a workout DVD of any kind? Do you have a problem with the "extras" they tend to have in them? I know I've touched on this before, but I really really do.

"hey look at ___ (I wasn't listening to her name) she had a baby 3 months ago! and look she's better and more fit, and stronger and hotter than you'll ever be!!!!" 
That's not a direct quote... just the part about her having a 3 mo old. But that's how I took it. I screamed at her. (I was home alone).

Glad it was only 10 minutes because I may have thrown the DVD out the window.

That was it for me on the weekend.

Today is Monday.
5ish am.

Apparently I have declared locker #173 as my own. If someone else is using that locker one day, I may just have to turn around and head home...

Incline speed walker lady was there again. But after me, so I am running, and she comes in beside me... I'm not a fan. Tomorrow I choose an end treadmill.

It was the busiest it's been thus far. Too many women who make me think I need to be at their level. 
It's not their fault. They don't actually openly mock my abilities, they just can. and I just cannot. There was a girl there who started on the rowing machine, then went and did kettle bell swings, and squats, and then back to the rowing machine! 3 rounds of that! 

It's all in my head. and I need to figure out how to stop it.

Who do I need to be "as good as"? No one.
Who do I need to be "better" than? Just the me I was yesterday!
That's it.
I need to start using that as my gym mantra!
That and reminding myself I promised I would take it slow.

I know if I try to take on too much, and expect better/faster results, I will get frustrated and eventually just quit it all again.

This isn't a quest for instant abs, this isn't therapy to learn to walk again! This is just my journey to be the healthiest, happiest me.
I need to stop taking that away from myself... I am telling you this to maybe hold myself a bit accountable. and to remind myself to shut up already!


I Treaded for 15.
Abed for 15.
Biked for 10.
Stretch 5.

Is there anything else you would like me to tell you?
Are you bored?
Maybe my gym fashion will interest you? It won't. It's just pants.
If I read anything interesting, or discover something new, I will let you know.
I do have a very fun playlist going on Spotify right now! 
If anyone out there reading this has any "Pump Up Jams" to suggest....
I think I'm the one who is bored...

Maybe tomorrow I will spice things up by not wearing the red string on the treadmill, and see if I can get you a falling off the treadmill story...

PS I wear a top to the gym also... 


No comments:

Post a Comment