Thursday 12 November 2015

Day Off Does NOT Mean Day Off!!!

Wednesday was a day off of work for I. The gym didn't even open until 7. Perfect excuse! Except you know how many calories excuses burn?

0

You know how many calories I burn? No I'm asking, because I don't know how to calculate that...

It was pretty busy at noon on Wednesday, not sure if that's normal, or if it was because most people had the day off. But I do know that I wasn't crazy about that. I prefer the few ladies I have come to recognize, and we nod at each other, and don't get in each other's way!

I felt a bit more energized running yesterday, not sure if eating breakfast helped, or the later time... Either way I may never find out, because I don't eat a big breakfast before going at 5 am and I go at 5 am!!!

Yesterday I ran for 10 minutes, then arms day! I did a few dumbbell exercises... it was, you know, good? It wasn't like fun per-say, but it wasn't NOT fun... you know?

There are a few machines that work your arms, so I used those too, then I was going to go to the mat for a few push ups etc but it was full... so I paced and then went to the treadmill, but I just didn't want to tread! I walked a bit, light jogged... walking... please girls get up! I just want to stretch and go home!
Oh my goodness the one girl is just laying on the mat going through her phone! Ahhh!!! 

Okay they're gone, 10 push ups, stretch it out. and home. sigh.

I felt a little more tired today. It was a lazy of course, and it felt good, but unused energy, at least for me, makes me even more tired than if I hadn't moved at all, all day!
So I took a short nappy-nap during the 9th run of Smurfs 2.

I really do enjoy doing nothing. Like, a lot. It may be my favorite thing.

I have hours and hours of recorded TV to catch up on, there is so much on Netflix I want to watch! I just want to sit in front of the TV for hours on end and never leave!

and I must admit, working out, makes me feel like I've earned an hour or two of TV. 

That and purse skittles are really all the reward I need. 

(for those wondering, purse skittles are skittles that fell out of the bag and are now at the bottom of your purse. and have been there for an unknown time. and if you only eat 2-5 at a time, they have no calories).

Thursday, 5 am again.

I chose lucky locker 13 again. Did yesterday too. It's mine now. I don't care about 173 anymore. I just want 13.

The gym plays the 24 CBC news station, and when I walked in the dressing room I head "coming up, why breaking a sweat at the gym, doesn't mean you can break your diet" and I thought "well that sounds like a stupid waste of time story!"

I headed to the Women's only - Bike. Looked up at the many screens and the few I could see were on commercial, watched a music video that did NOT sync with my headphones - that was weird... then I saw the CBC screen (they have close captions, and the bikes are close enough I can actually read the words!) 
They were saying how a study shows, that 20 minutes of cardio only burns the equivalent calories of that of a small pumpkin spice latte, or a danish... Now everyone is different, and people work at various paces etc.. so I find with statements like this, you need to take them with a grain of salt... 
This I thought was a very odd story. With fairly obvious information... did you know that you can't just eat whatever you want just because you worked out?
I mean, that's my excuse all the time, and it is my mantra, however, I do know how un-true it is!
They were also talking about how people get hungry after they workout... yes. 

It is a good idea to put good things into your body.

It is a NOT good idea to put NOT good things into your body.

It is a good idea to be active.

It is not a good idea to transform into a sloth.

So, hey you guys! Get up. Go. NOW! I'm not waiting, but I will tell you to go.

I dare you to challenge me.
I dare you to keep up with me!

- signed lazy bones

No comments:

Post a Comment