Friday 6 November 2015

Day 3 - (not 5 like it should be)

Okay, so I got sick on Wednesday...

and was still recovering yesterday.

Waking up early, to move, is hard!

I did it though.

I ran my 2 "laps", stretched, and then did one more "lap" at a bit of a faster pace. I just wanted to warm up with some cardio, and running is my favorite form of cardio.

I chose the treadmill in front of the best TV screen, today. Leaving one treadmill buffer between me and the other lady walking.

TV wasn't good. Why do they have these things? They aren't good enough distractions for me...
Then the same lady that was walking on Monday, and Tuesday, came in. Chose the treadmill right beside me! So if there IS treadmill etiquette she is not aware... and if you read that post from Monday you may remember how I was afraid I might smell? ya. well she smelled. So.... there really needs to be treadmill etiquette. and she needs to learn it.
Also, all she does is walk really fast on this big incline... it's odd to me. But, I am neither a personal trainer, nor her hips. So I won't tell her what to do. (To further explain she just swiggles her hips a LOT... looks rough... ps I don't think swiggles is a real word)

I moved from 'milling (new term) to the weighty-weights. I lifted. I am a girl who lifts. Like those insta and FB hashtags. Except I don't lift very much. I mean I lift my kid, I lift dishes and broom handles, I lift mugs, and mugs, and mugs, of various beverages to my lips. I lift forks, and spoons, and bare hands full of food, to my lips! But I don't lift a lot of dumbbell related weight.

And I don't care if I ever do! Numbers aren't my goal, Remember? (If you don't remember you haven't been keeping up with my bloggies).

So I did some arm workouts I found on pinterest (that's the best place for workout tips/tricks/and ideas right?)
I lifted 5s, 8, and 10s, depending on what muscle group I was working on.
And I know I said numbers don't matter to me, and I know I just listed numbers - but here's why!
I've never lifted 10s before. That is an improvement. And THAT is my goal. To improve. Always.

Which brings me back to what I started to talk about the other day: Goals.

Now like I have said before, I don't have weight goals.

1. I want to be able to walk up at least 2 flights of stairs at work without feeling winded, and needing to sit... or breathe before speaking!
2. I want the benefits of a healthy life style - you know, more energy, healthier immune system, clear-er skin etc.
3. I want to just get fit-er. I want to be able to run my 4 "laps" faster, or with more ease. I want to turn those 4 into more.
4. I want to feel good about what I see. I don't feel bad, I just feel less-good.
That is all for the time being. Just be a better me, better mom, better mom to a daughter, better spouse, better friend.

I'll type at ya'll another day.

PS sorry there are no pictures on this blog - I'm not one to take a selfie, especially at the gym, and I don't think you want to see me sweat anyway! Maybe I will try to get a bit more creative about that, to give you some visual stimulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment