Friday 15 January 2016

I Wonder How Many Ks I've Ran Since Nov 2??

I just looked back at my first post - it was Nov 2. Today is January 12.

Does NOT feel like it was however-many-that-is weeks ago...

Monday: If you've been keeping up to date with your readings, you will know that Monday is cardio day.

And if you must know, I ran on the treadmill for 20 mins, then did the fish game on the rowing machine for 5 minutes, went on the elliptical for 20 mins, and finished it all off with some stretching - which is by far my favourite part.
Sunday night I looked up some varying 'routines' to do on the treadmill, and elliptical.
"Where did you look Naomi?" Where every girl between the ages of 10-50 looks for anything these days - Pinterest!

Here is the post for the treadmill and elliptical:


I ran at a 4.7 for 15 mins, then did 6.0 for 1 min, then 8.0 for 30 seconds. Then I died... When the medics revived me, I turned the machine down to 3.5 and walked for 5 mins. So, to sum up, I got ideas from the Pinterest post, I did not do it exactly. Cuz if I did, I wouldn't be here to type you entertaining blog posts.

And you love these.



In case you can't read that Elliptical workout, don't worry because I barely followed it. and I have no idea what it means anyway... it basically says run for a min at this incline with this resistance, which you push the up arrow on the machine, and then after a minute you fall off the elliptical and pant excessively.


Tuesday: Again, keeping up with your readings? Doing your homework?

Quiz time!!! What are Tuesdays??? WRONG!!!! Tuesday is weights and such.

Today I got my inspiration from these Pinterest posts:





And today I actually did a few of those, definitely not all, but I added a few of my own too.

I also 100% altered most of those.

So really, I just put those there for show. They mean next to nothing.

After I did stuff (or didn't do anything, you don't know! you're just taking my word for it! I could just nap in the steam room the whole time! You don't have security camera footage! (do you????))

Wednesday: Cardio!!!! same as per usual, bike, row, elliptical! 45 mins, sweating like it's +35 not -35!
I should have selfied for you. Maybe next time...


Thursday:
Today I wrote down my game plan on sticky notes and brought them into the gym. Nerd alert!
I had 9 arm workouts and 9 leg and 9 abs. The plan was 3 arms, 3 legs, 3 abs, 3 arms, 3 legs 3 abs... you get it.
What really happened was the first cycle, then half of the second... some altering of the game plan... and time ran out so I stretched and left!!

Haha.. oh well I felt good, and my arms are sore.. so I know they got worked!

Friday: All motivation went out the window! or maybe it just froze....
I didn't want to go, I forgot my head band, I forgot to eat my power ball, I didn't have any electrolyte powder, it had snowed, I was late................. and on and on and on.
I went. But I didn't end up needing my headband anyway, because I didn't break a sweat!
I "ran" for 10 mins on the treadmill, but when I couldn't convince myself to do anything more than jog, I got off.
I figured maybe the bike would be better?
I peddled, whilst watching tv...
After 10 minutes of that I switched to the elliptical again...

Today was hard. I don't know if it was because it was the end of the week, or if something else was up. But I had a lot of trouble motivating myself.

I don't want to lose out on a workout, due to lack of motivation! but then again, everyone needs a down day every now and then.. I don't want to push myself to exhaustion, or to not loving working out.

Because even though I hate it! I actually love it.

The Gym has been extra busy lately, which is great, people should get out and get in shape, stay active and get healthy!! but they should also get out of my way... and stop showing me up! They have a tenancy to do that. All the time! I just want to impress someone with my ability to lift 3 pounds... 

Anyway, next week Mr. is out of town... let's see if I can motivate myself to do an at home DVD? or if I take the week off... I may or may not let you know!

You may or may not even be reading this.

I am off to try and find Star Wars Episodes 4, 5, 6. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment