Thursday 17 December 2015

I'm Back!!!! - I apologize to all my fans!!!!

Good morning, (or afternoon, or evening, or night - whenever you've taken the time to read this)

I have been away for a while!
But I have not forgotten about you! Oh no.

I have been a bit sickly. I had lost my voice on the 3rd? I think it was. Then was left with a really annoying never leaving me cough. I tried to kill it, but it won't die.
I wasn't sleeping, and that's my reasoning for being lazy bones.

Then Tuesday the 8th Mr. went out of town, and "they" won't let me leave my 4 year old at home in bed along whilst I better my health at the gym :( 

He was back Friday the 11th.  I still slept in Monday the 14th. Didn't feel like getting back into it after 2 weeks off... blame me? Well then you should have been knocking on my door waking me up! I didn't see you out there either! lay off!

Okay where was I? Oh right, motivation...

Ya so Tuesday the 15th I promised myself I wouldn't miss any more gym days this week, and try my best to not miss anymore before the little Christmas break! (where I am sure to consume all of the calories I have tried to work off over the past few months... but I will consume them with glee and regret it later. or probably not regret it, just do it again and again and again...)

Tuesday I hit the gym, promising myself I wouldn't push myself too hard, I would just do cardio. I kept that promise to myself.


Wednesday I took back to the machines, did a bit of leg work, and had a thought/realization. I feel I haven't been seeing results in the quantity/quality I was sort of expecting... Now I realize everything in your life effects how you lose weight or whatever... etc but I was honestly expecting this to go a bit differently... I assumed I'd see results similar to 2 summers ago... 
I think I finally realized [another] reason why (the main reason is diet, I am no where near as strict, nor do I eat as many fresh veggies as I really really really should be!!!!)
Anyway, I [think] it is because I used to do interval workouts, and more intense workouts... 
On my cardio days it was Zumba twice a week, which is full of varying cardio, which works so many different areas and muscles, and pushes me so hard.
Then on days when I would go running, I was stopping at the halfway point and doing muscle work like push ups, arm exercises, squats, you know - the works, then running back again.
This time around, at the gym, I find I don't have time, in the hour I am at the gym, to do all of that. 
I either do cardio, or a warm up and then a specific muscle group (legs, arms, or abs)
I am not doing intervals, I am not doing much variety!
Now I feel the machines do help, and they are a good idea, I am just wondering if I should switch up the frequency in which I machine.. and add in varying land cardio (ie mountain-climbers, jumping jacks, running on the spot etc vs treadmill or bike...)

So that was my thought yesterday after my workout, and it continued on to today, when I couldn't remember which muscle group I had even worked out yesterday... that's probably not a good sign.

So that can be my next week, and new year resolution, to eat more raw veggies, and to do more varied, interval workout. I am now at the point where I would like to start seeing some return on my investments.

That is all for today folks.

Check back tomorrow, I may or may not post. I WILL workout! Although it seems every time I make that promise something unexpected comes up, and I make a liar out of myself...

So I will do my best to workout tomorrow, and my best to post about it.

Have nice times! 

Singed N-dot

No comments:

Post a Comment